Basic compensation will continue for re-elected Members without interruption.
Members holding any of a number of additional responsibilities are provided an allowance in addition to their basic compensation (see Remuneration and Allowances). If a Member holds two or more positions for which an additional allowance is provided, the Member will receive only the higher amount. As noted below, the effective date for compensation is dependent upon the position for which an additional allowance is provided.
Compensation continues uninterrupted until a new Executive Council is appointed by Order in Council:
- Minister; and
- Minister of State.
Compensation continues uninterrupted until a new Speaker is elected by the Legislative Assembly:
Compensation begins on the date a resolution of appointment is adopted by the Legislative Assembly or by a parliamentary committee (as the case may be):
- Deputy Speaker;
- Assistant Deputy Speaker;
- Deputy Chair, Committee of the Whole;
- Chair of a select standing or special committee;
- Deputy Chair of a select standing or special committee;
Compensation begins on the date of appointment:
- Caucus Chair;
- Caucus Whip;
- Deputy Caucus Whip;
- Government House Leader (if not a Cabinet Minister);
- Leader of the Official Opposition;
- Leader of the Third Party;
- Official Opposition House Leader;
- Parliamentary Secretary; and
- Third Party House Leader.
Deductions for benefit plans previously chosen by Members will continue. Members may adjust their options by contacting Payroll Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-387-5532.